With a refreshed Mission and Vision, The Meriden Historical Society will be relocating from our research center in South Meriden to 39-41 West Main Street, in the heart of Downtown Meriden. This historic building’s size and central location will allow us to expand our public programs, exhibit more of our collection, welcome more researchers and visitors, and better tell the story of our community! We will continue to operate our other location, the Andrews Homestead on West Main Street.
Our new 14,000 square foot home features a large lecture and programming space on the main floor coupled with exhibit, research and conservation spaces on the other floors. It is located across from the police station, convenient parking, and is ADA accessible.
We look forward to increasing collaboration with our schools, arts organizations, library and others to recognize the contributions of the people of Meriden.
39-41 West Main Street was originally built in 1921
for the National Gas & Electric Light Company
To find out how to make a contribution click HERE.
For more information, please contact us at: MeridenHistoricalSociety@gmail.com